Monday, March 9, 2015

Student Teaching Week 7

Penns Manor Comes to an End

February 27th was the last week that I had at Penns Manor High School with Mr. Gerald Hughes.  It certainly was an exciting time with lots of great experiences.  My students proved to be challenging at times but overall were quite enjoyable. 

During the last week at Penns Manor, I had some fun wrapping up my classes.  I left my students at a good place.  

In my Animal & Veterinary Science class, we finished up with diary facilities discussing the different types of parlors.  

In my freshman class we wrapped up with a nice bulletin board on Mopan Technical and a class discussion about what they thought it would be like to live in Belize and some questions they wanted to ask of my students in Belize during their e-pal communication.

For my Power Technologies class, my students wrapped up small gas engines with troubleshooting which they all did very successfully.  

My Power Systems class successfully finished up their electrical diagramming and wiring.  I was very surprised with the performance of some of my students.  They blew me away with how well they did.

In my plant and Soil science class, we got the majority of the plants potted for the greenhouse sale and finished the Pesticide safety material.  We ended with presentations by the students on Pesticide Safety.


It has been a wonderful time here at Penns Manor and I've learned so much about myself, my style of teaching, where I have room to grow, and in general about people and agricultural education.

I am looking forward to my time in Belize.  Although it will be a completely different part of the world I believe it will be relatively similar in a lot of ways.  I am looking forward to teaching about soil and plant sciences with my classes in Belize at Mopan Technical High School.

1 comment:

  1. Kate,

    Please work in the next few weeks on having true depth of reflection on practice of teaching. Remember this is not just sharing a play by play of what happened, but rather thinking on what worked instructionally and why it worked and how going forward that knowledge could be used.

    DF

    ReplyDelete