Monday, February 23, 2015

Student Teaching Week 6

FFA Week Celebrations!

I don't think any week in agricultural education is ever the same!! The unexpected events just keep rolling right in.  The highlight of my week is celebrating National FFA Week!!

 


It's been a fun-filled week full of activity. From banners and decorations, to faculty appreciation breakfast, to scavenger hunts, elementary school visits, nursing home help, and more.  

Additionally, There has been lots of fun in my classes.  We had a great time capturing what we learned about appropriate technology specifically related to biodigestors.


  
The students are pretty excited about learning what's going on in Belize.  We've made a bulletin board that will record what is happening in Mopan Technical High School.  

My animal & veterinary science students finally finished up their dairy foods unit with an exam and will begin learning about dairy management.  

Next week will be the wrap-up of all the classes I've been teaching as my time at Penns Manor comes to a close.  

Reflection
I really feel like there is a huge improvement in my structure in my classes.  While I'm still not perfect, as I become more comfortable in the flow of the classes, I remember to cover the objectives, I am ending class at an appropriate time etc.  These things that I plan for but generally forgot to do are becoming much more natural to incorporate.  It makes me feel better about my teaching.



No comments:

Post a Comment