Monday, March 9, 2015

Peer Student Teacher Visit

Visitation with Morgan Campbell at Mifflinburg High School

On Monday March 2, I visited Morgan Campbell at Mifflinburg High School.  It was a great chance to visit a very different type of program. 

Program Comparison

Penns Manor is a very rural school in the middle of nowhere situated in a community filled with people of low socioeconomic statuses.  Mifflinburg is also very rural but the families are not as low of a socioeconomic status.  Although they may think so.  

Penns Manor is a single teacher program while Mifflinburg is a two teacher program.  

The classes that are taught are similar.  However, within the individual subjects, Mifflinburg goes into more detail because they have two teachers teaching.

Mifflinburg is clearly more involved with the FFA.  

I think from this experience and multiple other programs, I would be most interested in teaching in a multiple teacher program.  I really like the ability to go into more depth within each subject and the increased class opportunity of subjects taught.  



Morgan's Teaching

It was exciting to be able to see Morgan teaching her classes at Mifflinburg.  It was clear to me that she has grown a lot as an agricultural educator even in these few short weeks that we have had.  It was also neat to witness her excelling at some of the concepts we were learning in the fall semester.  It also helped me to physically watch her interact with the students I saw her describing to me previously that she was having trouble with.  I was able to give her some tips that were more tailored to her situation.



Overall, I can see Morgan is enjoying her student teaching internship and is doing an excellent job!

No comments:

Post a Comment