Friday, December 19, 2014

Creativity Lab

I would have to say this lab was one of my favorite labs of the semester! The challenge for this lab was to find five $1 items in the DollarTree that could be used for a lesson in the Spring semester. As soon at I walked into the DollarTree, I knew exactly what I was going to do. Off to the side I saw silverware, plates, cups, etc. hanging on the wall. I figured this would be a great chance to get supplies for my etiquette lesson. After looking at the items for awhile, I decided to walk through the rest of the store and see their other items before making my purchases. Much to my surprise I found a lot of items that could be used for table appearance and etiquette.


I ended up purchasing two centerpeices, a tablecloth, and several other items, all for $5! This experience helped me realize that you can have a great lesson with very inexpensive supplies. Seeing the creativity amongst my peers clearly showed how simple $1 items can become great props for teaching.


I also realized that when you are focusing on creativity, it can be really easy. I'm excited to see what sort of creative ideas I will be able to incorporate at Penn's Manor as well as at Mopan Technical in Belize. I know that I will have to be very creative in getting resources at Mopan technical, and many things are not easily available. It will be challenging, but an adventure at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment