Sunday, April 26, 2015

Student Teaching Week 15

A Bittersweet Goodbye!  

Student teaching really truly has come to an end.  I can't believe it.  Sitting back and looking at these last 15 weeks, I wonder "Where has all of the time gone?".  Then I flip through my lesson plans and Assignment portfolio and realize where it went.  

This last week made me realize a few things.  I am never going to be loved by all of my students, but I will impact a few of them.  As I was saying goodbye to my students, some were in tears and others were saying "Thank Goodness!".  I wrapped up my classes with final evaluations and lessons with all of my students.  The evaluations were just as extreme as my goodbyes.  Some were very complimentary and others were rather not. 

Surprisingly, a very touching goodbye for me was when I was saying goodbye to the staff at Mopan Technical.  I realized, they have been rooting for me, supporting me, encouraging me, and just simply there for me these last 7 weeks during my internship.  They were sincere in their exclamations of missing me as I departed the school.  They were interested in maintaining communication.  They genuinely wanted me to come back and visit the school in the future.  I felt extremely blessed to have such a community who sympathized with me through my struggles with my students and gave a helping hand every step of the way.  

                                        


The teachers were kind enough to host a goodbye BBQ for me.  It was absolutely delicious!!

No comments:

Post a Comment